Thursday, June 25, 2009

THE STORY TELLER

We all were born dumb (except some superheroes that were born in underwear’s and some girls) but have we ever thought how come we have the knowledge of centuries in such a short lifetime? Why we are tough enough to survive in this world?
Well we will always be thankful the storyteller for making us apt for this world and giving us the vision for surviving in this world.
We all have met this storyteller in one form or others but the question is will our future generation will able to find this storyteller or will he/she survive for the future generation? Our storyteller lives in none other than our Mother, Father, Grandpa ,our family and ofcourse in us. For centuries stories were passed from one generation to another in forms of fairy tales or mythological sagas.
But the thing is, will our future generation listen to these stories? Will they have so much time to hear and learn from these story or they will be fed through some chip made by some electronics geek.
Will my children or my grand children will able to imagine that my father or my grandfather used to walk 12 miles daily to attend a school? Will they believe that 1 GB memory used to weigh 220 Kg or will they believe my first Pentium 2 computer was worth a 60 k? If I will say I wrote my first love letter on a paper, wont they laugh and say e-mail nahi tha kya? Will they believe whole village use to gather in our house to just watch a TV serial? Will they ever hear the words like aana(5 paisa ) ,4 aana (25 paise), chambal or waigaira-2?
I don’t know the future neither did my storytellers predict it for me but what I believe is that storyteller should live as long as human race will or even beyond that. Let’s take pledge that No matter how important science will be in our life we will be storyteller for next generation so that it continues till eternity.

1 comment:

pallavi said...

if we have enough time for our children like our parents gave us...we can also tell them as many stories of the past...and as far as believing the stories is concerned...they would be as amazed as we were when we heard from our fathers that their school fees was just 5 rupees and even that was considered expensive..!!! :P